Kathleen Gallagher Cunningham is an Associate Professor at the Department of Government and Politics, University of Maryland and is affiliated with the Center for International Development and Conflict Management. Her primary research interests include self-determination, secession, civil war, and non-violent resistance. She received my Ph.D. from the University of California, San Diego in 2007 and has been a Fulbright Scholar and a Senior Researcher at the Peace Research Institute Oslo. Her work has been published by Oxford University Press, American Political Science Review, American Journal of Political Science, International Organization, Journal of Peace Research, Journal of Conflict Research, International Studies Quarterly and Perspective on Politics. Her 2014 book on self-determination politics won Book of the Year from the Conflict Research Society. She is the 2017 recipient of the International Studies Association International Security Section Emerging Scholar Award.
Posts by Kathleen Gallagher Cunningham
- How to Get Research to Impact Policy, May 24, 2018.
- The Organization of Rebellion: New Research Program on Rebel Governance and Legitimacy, March 16, 2018.
- The Global Spread of Demands for Self-Rule, June 29, 2017.
- Sri Lanka’s Mandela?, May 18, 2016.
- Is Scotland Loss Really a Win?, September 21, 2014.