Allard Duursma, (University of Oxford PhD, 2015) is a Senior Researcher at the Center for Security Studies at ETH Zurich. Before his current position, he was a research associate at the Humanitarian and Conflict Response Institute at the University of Manchester and a research fellow at the London School of Economics. His research interests include Africa (Sudan specifically), civil wars, international development, and peace mediation. Duursma has been awarded the Lord Bryce Prize for best dissertation in International Relation/Comparative Studies in Great Britain, the Stuart A. Bremer travel award for the best PhD student paper at the European Peace Science Conference, and the Mats Hammarström Prize for an outstanding essay in peace and conflict studies. He also has consulted for the African Union, European Insitute of Peace, the Political Instability Task Force, along with many others. You can find him on Twitter @AllardDuursma.
Posts by Allard Duursma
- Putting on a Show Can Be Revolutionary—Here’s Why, October 6, 2022.
- Russia’s Growing Influence in Africa, July 14, 2022.
- The Big Lesson of Peacekeeping in Sudan: Beware of Host-Country Obstruction, September 3, 2020.
- African Mediators Outperform Their Non-African Counterparts—Here’s Why, April 30, 2020.
- Everyday Peacekeeping in the Central African Republic, April 13, 2020.