Rebecca Best (University of North Carolina PhD, 2012) is an Associate Professor in the Political Science Department at the University of Missouri – Kansas City. Her research examines civil conflict, terrorism, and gender. Her recent work includes evaluations of terror designation and peace processes in civil conflict, the roles of women in conflict and peace processes, and the reintegration and civic engagement of female military veterans, especially in the United States. You can find her on Twitter @RebeccaBestIR.
Posts by Rebecca Best
- What the Israel Defense Forces’ Protests Imply About the Role of the Military in Democracies, April 12, 2023.
- Why Isn’t There a Domestic War on Terror in the US? May 25, 2022.
- How Germany’s Coalition Change Contributed to Putin’s Strategic Miscalculation in Ukraine, February 25, 2022.
- Rubber-Stamping Women’s Inclusion, February 17, 2022.
- Israel Designates Palestinian Groups Terrorist Organizations, November 4, 2021.
- Why the “Terrorist” Label Helps Some Groups and Hurts Others, September 1, 2021.
- The Revolt of Islamic State-Khorasan, August 30, 2021.
- Can the Taliban Trust Trump? January 30, 2020.