Kathleen Gallagher Cunningham (UC San Diego PhD, 2007) is an Associate Professor at the Department of Government and Politics, University of Maryland. She has also been a Fulbright Scholar and a Senior Researcher at the Research Institute Oslo. Her research interests include self-determination, secession, civil war, leadership in rebellion, and non-violent resistance. She received the ISA’s 2017 ISSS Emerging Scholar Award. Cunningham maintains the Rebel Governance Network. She also serves as an Associate Editor at the Journal of Peace Research and is on the Editorial Board for the Journal of Global Security Studies, the American Political Science Review, and the Journal of Politics. You can find her on Twitter @kgcunnin.
Posts by Kathleen Gallagher Cunningham
- How Opposition Tactics Impact Foreign Public Opinion, September 8, 2019.
- How to Get Research to Impact Policy, May 24, 2018.
- The Organization of Rebellion: New Research Program on Rebel Governance and Legitimacy, March 16, 2018.
- The Global Spread of Demands for Self-Rule, June 29, 2017.
- Sri Lanka’s Mandela?, May 18, 2016.
- Is Scotland Loss Really a Win?, September 21, 2014.